Customize your view of real-time streaming market data using Excel
Integrate Calcnode and external libraries to perform real-time calculations
Leverage familiar user interface and formulas that are embedded in MS Excel
- Leverage the full power in Excel
- Easily switch to a more powerful server or use the complete server exclusively for one Excel task. It makes perfect sense to put heavy loads, including updates from many different data providers, onto this server environment
- Many users at financial institutions need their calculations to subscribe to data from different vendors into the same Excel Workbook running under Citrix or Terminal Servers.
- While the Thomson Reuters EIKON Add-In for Excel can be made available on a Terminal Server/Citrix environment, Bloomberg does not allow the “Bloomberg Terminal” to be run under Terminal Server/Citrix conditions. So Bloomberg data is not available.
- To solve this problem, BCC Group worked with customers and Bloomberg on a solution that would allow data of any existing vendor to be subscribed in Excel together with Bloomberg data under Terminal Server/Citrix conditions.
- In May 2017 we’ve released a modern version of this solution using BPipe called EMIL 5
- Emil 5 comprises of three main functions:
- Legally authenticate against a Bloomberg BPipe Server from Excel even running on Terminal Server using Bloomberg’s new Authentication & Authorizationfeatures of BPipe.
- Entitle all subscription on the user level for BPS and non BPS Data
- Integrate real-time, reference and historical Data into Excel
EMIL5 is registered and certified by Bloomberg. Request more information from us (EMIL@bccgi.com) or ask your Bloomberg Key Account Manager.
BTW: Check out our Bloomberg Platform Solution “ONE Solution”. This is actually the better alternative for Citrix and Terminal Server environments using Bloomberg Data Excel.